Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Massachusetts

On Oct. 10, we visited a few towns in Massachusetts. Jonathan was born and raised in Marblehead, MA so he knew all the neat places to visit. All of the houses there were still standing from the 1700's! Everything was very old and had a lot of history behind it. We were able to see so many historical sites that I can't even remember them all without looking at pictures. We had an awesome time!



This is Fort Sewall. The people fighting in the war came here for shelter and also kept a lot of people prisoner. There are 6 chambers all underground. A kitchen, guard room, store room, dungeon, magazine, and a temporary magazine. The magazine is where they kept all of their ammunition. In this picture, I am by the guard room door.


This is the lighthouse on the end of the neck of MA. The view of the ocean from here is amazing! We actually sat by some fishermen out here and watched one guy catch a baby shark. He had to throw it back though.

Here is one of many really old cemeteries. This one is by Red's Pond. There are a lot of people that film movies here. One of the graves I saw was from 1717!

This is Black Joe's Pond and it is gorgeous! All of the colors are just so pretty this time of year. There's no place like New England.



We also visited Salem, MA and saw all the historical sites where the witch trials took place. This is an actual witch house built in 1642. We also saw the witch dungeon and a whole lot of other interesting things.



5 comments:

emily said...

I love your hair cut. What took you guys back east? We are doing well. Kevin is going to school & I am a medical assistant for a hand surgeon. We have moved around quite a bit, but we are settling down & wouldn't mind staying here after he's done with school.

Carrie Fowler said...

Kylie! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I would love to go visit a place like that. By the way, I love your hair! What is your number? I so want to call you but I don't have your number on this phone, so let me know! I will talk to later!

tod_emily said...

your blonde! Its really cute! Looks like you had fun! I would love to go east! Cute family!

Yasmine said...

So fun-- looks like the perfect outing for October!

cambersue said...

your blog background is so cute! how'd you do it? you'll have to let me know. anyway i've been MIA for awhile...but i'm back! so cute pictures, the east is so beautiful in the fall!